Friday, August 24, 2012

By the time I realize this moment, this moment will be gone.

As cliche as it sounds, there really should be a novel written about Fitch Cheer. We've been through so much and become a huge sisterhood. I had no idea how much I cherished the team and our bond until it was gone. The past two seasons have been momentous and life changing. We've lost and won a variety of battles, leading us to our long time coming ECC championship title. It was our peak, the top of the mountain. But just as the rising actions lead to the climax, the falling actions come snowballing behind. Our notorious coach that breeds excellence was laid off on my birthday. When we were informed, I didn't cry, because I was sure we could over come this roadblock. We've been through worse, right? But after countless names signed on petition after petition, and all of our complaints and press releases and appearances didn't work, we all began to loose hope. We lost our coach and we were starting over. The bond was gone. Five of the strongest girls I know were gone and off to college. And now we had a new coach to hold the team? Some days I'm not even sure if I want to put up with it and even cheer anymore. All the heart and soul that was once so prevalent due to our friendships on this team is now minimal, because nearly everyone on the team is dying for a certain title. Although my complaints are unimportant to most of you, it's a feeling that I will never have again. It's
the pride and passion we shared, and we all cared about that team so much that we were all one. And tonight, at a bonfire with some of the graduates it
hit me that I am never going to experience going on the mat with those ladies ever again. That I had no idea how special it was to be with them, having them each carry their own weight and special part on the team, now gone. It's like something huge inside me is missing. And the season hasn't even begun.

J

No comments:

Post a Comment