Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fear turned fright

Well bloggers, I got my wisdom teeth out. And it was DREADFUL. I was terrified going in and boy did my terror live itself up. The only thing that didn't come true in my list of nightmares was not waking up. Obviously I woke up. But when I did things weren't all hunky dory!
Turns out I'm allergic to anesthesia, oh and Vicodin too! So Thursday, instead of sleeping like I should have been I was up and in pain. Then around 8 the real fun started: the throwing up. I threw up 5/6 times in ten hours. The best part? THERE WAS NOTHING IN MY STOMACH TO THROW UP. It was beyond awful. So Friday afternoon I finally got to take new medicine that put me to sleep and took away the pain! But damn was I tripping out.
I did the ice on, ice off until the third day, then I switched to a damp warm compress. That really helped with the swelling. Now if I could tell you one piece of advice throughout this whole ghastly experience it would be to REST. I decided I was feeling great enough to go to a party on Saturday night and dance the night (and my stitches) away!
It's safe to say it was one if the stupidest ideas I've ever had. I looked awesome, don't get me wrong. An I had a TON of fun celebrating our friend Avery's sixteenth masquerade ball but I woke up in horrifying pain. I cannot open my mouth past two centimeters, I can barely eat, and I'm terribly groggy. Looks like ill be spending most of school tomorrow sleeping in the nurses office.
Can you reserve beds there?...

No comments:

Post a Comment